Tuesday 8 December 2009

Easy Westminster loop

Paul described today as day five. This, in theory, is when I am permitted to partake of strenuous exercise again.

So after Paul emailed me to remind me of the significance of the fith day, just as I got to my desk Westlake was heading out for 'an easy one'. Been there, done that, just how easy exactly? He'd done 10k last night in 42mins and felt exhausted. Right I'm coming!

Unfortunately, the towel Gestapo have taken over the gym and I had zero appetite to fight the new one pound for a towel system, they are now making you swipe your card for a towel to check you are a paid up gym member. I might even join at this rate!

Headed out and chatted away the 4.2 miles moving along at a very comfortable pace. Nobody overtook us and we drifted past a few slackers or zone 1 no-hopes.

Westlake was kind to me. No kick. No drift faster. No ratchet for home.

Total time on feet a shade under 33 mins so all in all a pretty swift easy run with no negative side effects.

All in all very satisfying.

No comments: