Friday 9 November 2012

8m Webster Uni Route with Pierro

Very sunny day and with my kit on my shoulder I wondered by Pierro's desk to ask if he wanted to run and he was up for it right now.

He wanted to do the Webster uni route so that was fine. As usual I tried hard to keep him talking about the NY marathon that did not happen and his elite mates he met there.

At 8.5km the great man admitted a school boy error. He needed a dump, fast. So he could no longer go as slowly as I was running, 7:30 minute miles, or 4:40 minute kms, so he shot off at a blistering pace. After a while I saw him scrambling down an embankment into some woods. I kicked for home. Great feeling to be running in front of the great man. That kept me going through the last few km, thinking of him behind me.

I had to go get some lunch, so he made back to the changing rooms before me, but he did not pass me running. Very amusing to be just for once ahead!

Garmin

No comments: