Monday 31 December 2012

9.1m almost all the way round Cumbrae

Hogmanay run. Stopped of to help dad load some tables into the car and then he drove the car home and I set off to run round the island the opposite way I normally do.

I got soaked at around Fintry, but it soon dried up again and I got a cheerful greeting from a bloke on a bike.

At Fairhaven slip there was a seal basking on the jetty that the sailway place uses. It watched me watch it as I ran past it.

Got clobbered again by a blast of wind, rain, sleet and hail that I could see coming at me from the Lion Rock and hit me at the Marine Station. By the time I could see the house in Kames Bay it had stopped and my family who were in the bay window of the house overlooking the bay asked "what storm" when I arrived dripping wet. Amazing how localised that was!

Garmin

No comments: