Tuesday 19 October 2010

7m Botanical Gardens, bottom field loop and top field loop

Ran with Tenke and Zosia today and was humbled by their chatter on expected times at the Lausanne half. Scary moment when Zosia said it was not flat, but she meant just Lausanne in general and not the whole thing.

Tenke has pretty much talked me into running with the 1:30 pacer. But I will make a final decision on the day.

Hence forth the bottom field is Niall's loop and the one on the airport hill will be known as Zosia's field.

My guess is 7m in 49:30 so just off TRP and felt fine. Went fast down the airport hill which was fun, but the girls kept going up, but I was tired and needed to get back.

Saw a deer with impressive antlers just after the flamingos in the park.

On the home drag a bloke was going weird arm spins while running along. I looked at him quizically and his buddy behind him rolled his eyes and shrugged his shoulders at me, funny moment.

2 comments:

Alain said...

Zosia is partially right, Lausanne's half is not completely flat. There are no steep climbs, but three long ones you would not notice in a 10k race, but you might feel them in the half and I will in the full

Jason said...

I never felt anything going up or down when I did the races, but thats partially because I was a zombie after km 27