Friday 14 October 2011

5.5m Airport Hill - new course record!

100m reps on Friday followed by a zero miles weekend, a fast Tuesday 5, a Thursday record in the pool with 600m front crawl cleared non-stop - a new distance record, somehow it was looking like yet another fast one. Aurelien was looking for a pb on the airport hill loop. First mile was not so fast, but the effort on the hill was ok through the up mile and we held that effort on the plateau which resulted in some faster miles up there. I sniffed a good time on the way back and progressively eased up the pace to finally get to sub 7min miles at the last half mile. Each time I got a gap together Aurelien dug deep and pushed through getting level and even pushing past me so I needed to kick again to get away. The last half mile was cleared in 3 minutes!  New course record set in 40:58 seconds.

Garmin missed my hrt monitor so no heart data, but I know that was red line from when we stopped talking after mile 3. 

Now for some holidays in Turkey, some open water swimming and perhaps some running to be done. See you in two weeks.

Garmin

No comments: