Wednesday 20 June 2012

5.3 Airport hill


I set out thinking that a fast one might be on. But the rain had stopped and the sun had doubled the temperature.

There was still water on the ground so the bottom field was not on and that meant hitting the hill before being fully warmed up.

Over took a few on the hill and Garmin said 8:45 for the mile with the hill. Kicked at the top and felt like I flew down to the woods, but no I was still struggling to get below 7:30.

Thought about taking the longer little path in the woods but in the end decided not to get muddy and kept on the main route. Struggled back up the hill and realised although the perceived effort was high the speed was not there. Pushed to the top and enjoyed a splash of water at the restaurant du fontaine before the downhill.

Tried to get close to a sub 7 mile down the hill but could only get to 7:03 and even that only had my min mile ave at 7:56 which is the same as last week with half the effort. Turns out (o the joy of Garmin connect's compare activities) that the last mile was faster than the other recent airport hills but I am not going up hill as fast as I should me. More hills.....

Garmin

No comments: