Wednesday 13 June 2012

5.5m Airport hill

So another wet and almost cold day in Geneva.

Did the airport hill again and caught two sets of two runners during the Penthaz climb.

At the top I decided to go for the big loop again but do it backwards, to get the still hill on the way back to the fountain restaurant.  It seems much harder and I had to work at it to keep going. Came across the same two ladies that I overtook the last time I was up here at the top.

On the way back a mad police type siren sounded at the US mission. It was coming from a big black sedan with the blue diplomatic plates on it. The purpose seemed to be to encourage the very ordinary looking car in front of it to budge up so they could both fit in the bomb blast gate and raise the barrier behind them. It worked and the security team seemed to find this hysterically amusing - I guess they have a pretty uneventful life. 

Got back and felt like I had really worked out hard. Was gutted to find I was one second per mile slower than yesterday. Grey zone? Could be. Next up easy run and some reps, I really need some reps. 

Garmin

No comments: