Tuesday 2 October 2012

7.72m Geneva towards Versoix

Came out this way a few weeks ago with Pierro and decided to go directly to the railway trail towards the Franz Webber Uni. Along the trial next to the railway I could sense I was being closed down, hunted. I eased a little faster, but the guy responded and I decided I was not in a race and would let him go through with out trying to keep up.

He was a cheerful chap and after 100m or so he offered to be my guide and I gladly accepted. We explored a whole area towards Versoix where I have never been before. Laurence from the Red Cross, it was great to met you and thank you so much.

Turns out he is another sub 3 hours for the marathon guy, so he had to "adapte sa vitesse" for me - ie slow up!

On the way back he also showed me how to avoid the main road into Geneva as there is a path behind the buildings almost the whole way to the botanic gardens. Another result.

7:40min mile pace, or 4:45min kms felt fine. Lovely day and I really enjoyed the run. Cheers Laurence - hope I meet you out there again sometime.

Garmin

No comments: