Friday 13 March 2009

Chasing Phantoms to Hyde Park


I thought I'd arranged to meet Alan and Simon at 11:40, so when I turned up at 11:43 I assumed they'd set off on the Hyde Park loop.

I decided to run it in reverse, cutting every corner to shave off the distance. I expected to catch them on their way back while I was still out going.

No sign of them at all by Green Park by which time I was feeling the reps from the day before and the legs were heavy. Made it into Hyde Park and had to stop for a moment to recover. Picked up a bit out to the big bridge. By this time I was half way and new I would not find them.

Thought I saw them in Green Park, but turned out to be another false alarm. Came back as if returning on the Hound and Hare route and the speed memory kicked in as by the time I hit embankment it felt good again and I mullered the last section.

I was running free of electronics, but according to the clock at reception I did the 7.07 miles in 55mins, that's 7:46 pace or a 1:41 half or a 48m 10km. It felt much, much harder than that.

No comments: