Thursday 5 March 2009

Thursday Intervals

With the canal still drained and blocked there was much debate and after the two rep out and back debacle on Tuesday the consensus was quickly achieved and we decided to go around the dam.

Km reps for the elite, or 3 minutes for the rest of us. 6 of those did not quite work out as I lost the plot when we were on the road and one of the reps kinnda merged into another. So I did my own thing and pushed through at what felt like faster than 5km pace.

Cleared the gas canisters and some - so that was something. Steve was complaining at the end that I set off quick on rep one and he tried to take me on rep 2 but that I kicked and held him back, the point then being I was "no-where" on reps 3 & 4. But I did 5 and 6 and the last one took me through the elite who acknowledge the perseverance of my efforts even if the sustainable speed is not there.

Got hailed on at one point when the temperature dived and then the sun came out. Windy too, with gusts against on the way back.

Did some wii fit yoga in the evening as feeling tight from Berko I guess and feeling the tightness in my calfs beinging to annoy me.

No comments: