Tuesday 10 November 2009

Candyfloss

Could not find a slow buddy to take out today and felt the maelstrom of reps at the canal were not for me after the poor performance at the weekend.

With a light drizzle to cool, it was off for the Blackfiars to Westminster loop. I'm getting better at these easy runs. Was concentrating on stepping back with the foot fall and taking great care to land mid-sole every time, in case a paparazzi caught a heel strike, so much so that I only noticed the 8th person in the bunch that went past me. I explored different angles and how that felt with the slow speed. Felt light and fluffy, the thought of candy floss popped into my head and that's how I felt. Carefree, enjoying the London skyline and watching the activity on the river.

Got bored with very slow at half way and moved out of the grey zone to reel in some more people at a shade away from half race pace (the first ten miles, before you ask!).

Came back over Blackfiars and tried out those angles at a different pace. Felt nice get up to 3/4 speed for a tiny section and decided that would do as the legs could feel stiffness at that rate. Eased of and back to the office for some chocolate milk although I didn't really feel like I had burnt off enough calories for it.

The snivels that were annoying me at the start of the run became a cold. I sneezed my way through the afternoon, eyes watering and nose running. In the evening as I write this my throat hurts too. This probably explains a fair bit of my under performance on Sunday. I was coming down with a cold.