Tuesday 17 November 2009

Rainbow

5.68 miles cleared on a lovely day at lunch time with 1,000 mile man Ken.

Chatted away as we zipped over to Wheathampstead then back up the edge of the Mid Herts golf club and home.

Mainly in zone 3 & 4 for me, except the beginning when I think the Garmin went wrong and reported me way over my max hrt for half a mile. Perhaps that was Ken's heart rate!

Enjoyed the sun and restarted a tradition that has almost died. When finishing the run at Batford springs, sprint the hill from the footbridge to the top of the path and stop there. My top pace was 4:36 min miles. Lovely prep for tomorrow's race.

Felt for Ken as he had to keep going as 6 miles does not cut the mustard for Marathon man. He needed another 4....

Today's picture did not come until after the run, as I walked my daughter home from school she spotted the most perfect rainbow I've seen in years, with each colour perfectly clear and complete from ground on one side to the other. It looked like we would walk through it to get home. That made me think of God's promises and how the rainbow offers hope after the rain. Looking forward to the race tomorrow.

No comments: