Friday 19 November 2010

Hill reps with Tenke

Tenke needed some hill reps to prepare for the Escalade race.

So we went to check out the parks and found this loop. From the no entry sign to the statue of the yellow life sized cow was about .13 miles, the on section which was 50m up. Down the other side was the recovery.

We planned to do 5.

I could hack the first three. Felt ok and I was level with Tenke for those. The fourth was a nightmare. I could not focus, felt dizzy and realised I was just not going to be there with Tenke when she reached the cow. Circle of shame.

I think the comment was "shall we do a few more?" as I doubled up gasping for air on the terrace of the posh 15 CHF for a boiled egg restaurant. "no, I will do one more, but it will be good." I kept the recovery super slow and hit the no entry sign with focus and resolve to get to the top at around the same time as Tenke. I think I did. By now I was in agony and Tenke trotted away for another rep, I consoled myself with the excuses that I've been swimming too much this week, my ear infection was bothering me etc etc.



Garmin details

No comments: