Monday 1 November 2010

3m? Pure Recovery

The Lausanne half had left me exhausted and with two injuries and an ear infection.

I probably aggravated the ear by doing a couple of active recovery sessions in the pool this week. Managed 18 lengths (900m) on the second visit and even four in a row of front crawl!

So last night on the way to the post office I decided to jog 100m and see how the Achilles’ tendonitis and thigh strain held up. They were fine. So I packed my running kit and was rewarded with a lovely hot sunny day and decided to check out the road where the new office might be. I could not find it, but did bump into Sarah who also lives in Rolle and is an amazing swimmer I know through Westlake. She works at the World Trade Centre which is on the same road were my new office will be, so nice have some non work friends up there.

Lots of stopping and starting and the heat was more of an issue than the injuries. More stretching required before we can safely say this has passed, but it is a significant improvement. Easy week next week and with a bit of luck back to full training for the following week.

No comments: