Tuesday 3 April 2012

7.7m in with Ultra Carole aka Forrest

I first met Carole at a running event in London in 2009 (link here) where I was amazed to learn that she'd run the entire length of the UK. She also has a habit of doing 3 ultras in 3 days, and has been at it again recently - more of which is described on her blog here:

Forrest's Run

Please read it and give generously!

So it was a great honour to get out with such an incredible ultra running legend and I really appreciated the local knowledge of the chines that we ran up and down, rather than across, which is the mistake I have made on the south cost previously.

We heard a wood pecker, just after I'd been going on about trail running and wildlife spotting long the Aubonne river trail.

Carole got us back to the hotel right on schedule as the light began to fade.

Garmin

Carole's blog of the same run click here.

No comments: