Monday 21 May 2012

Easy 9 km

I was going to swim today, but on the way out of the building I noticed it was peak swim time at the pool and the rain had stopped. I had just enough kit for a run so I went for it.

Did the airport hill, leaving out the bottom field (too muddy) and free of all electronics.

Up the hill was ok and I focused on NOT overtaking the bloke in front. Tried to focus on form and running out the walking niggles. 

Hill back to Pregny was a bind, but ok. Felt fit enough just lacking motivation.

No issues with the tendon so a couple more like that and the Garmin can come along again.

5 comments:

Badz said...

Hey Niel,
Came across your blog by accident when searching for the Aubonne-Signal de Bougy race on google.

I too am a Scot over in Switzerland and live fairly close to you (near Gimel). Could maybe meet up for a run sometime - also do you know of any running clubs in the area, I had a look on-line but have been unsuccessful.

James

FitScottishBloke said...

Hi James, there is a running club in Gland, http://www.lafouléeglandoise.ch/net/Net_foulee.asp?NoOFS=572610&NumStr=04
My son runs with the mini foulee on Thursday nights. A bunch of us are planning to do the TPV in August, you'd be welcome to join us. Cheers Niall

Badz said...

Thanks Niall (don't know where I got Niel from - soz),

Do you attend the club as well - or just your son. If so - would it be accessible for a non-French speaking person?

My main goal this year is Amsterdam Marathon in August, but the TPV sounds good. Was also thinking of doing the inaugural Lac de Jeux race (don't know if you saw it) at the end of June, but tweaked my hamstring recently and taking it easy at the moment and will decide closer to the race.

Not sure if you'll see this or not as you are now on June :)

Keep up the training!

Badz said...

*Amsterdam is in October - not August!

FitScottishBloke said...

Good luck with your training for the marathon. I tag along with juniors, due to the seniors being right after it does not work for me. It is all very French. Send me an email on nmcintyre@btinternet.com or friend me on facebook (only one Niall McIntyre in Rolle) and I'll loop you into our TPV plans.