Saturday 29 November 2008

Quick intervals

When out in search of the other side of the Oaklands college lane from where the kids do french lessons in St.Albans and yippee do I found it. So now, in theory I have a loop. Decided to try out some one km reps to see how that went. Accidentally on purpose did not get round to pressing "go" on the Garmin so the warm up lasted far too long.

By the time I was moving quickly I was already on the campus and taking 4.10 to clear km one. But the middle of the second rep I'd got to the end of the lane and rather then end up on Sandpit lane I decided to do a U turn and head but up the lane - much to the amazement of the stealth cyclist that had appeared behind me. He was making to over take on my right, but I grabbed the pole at the end of the lane and spun 180 degrees not missing a step and was still going at 10km pace right at him. Oops. Sorry mate.

Anyway down hill fast from there, slower and slower kms, again legs could do it no worries but just nothing in the lungs yet except a never ending supply of muck to hack up. Still the very cold air only set me off a couple of times this morning. But in the end I gave up the intervals after the 5th at 4:30. Oh dear. How quickly it leaves you.

On a more chirpy note, I am loving my new black Gel Kayano 15s - the cushioning in the heal is a dream come true and the cross over laces at the bottom seem to be a good idea.

No comments: