Thursday 6 November 2008

Thursday Intervals

Made it in good time to the RV for once. Everyone very chirpy with interest rates down 150 basis points to 3 percent!

Near perfect conditions and no incidents on the towpath.

Today's elite session was twelve by 60 seconds on and 30 recovery, with 2 mins at the turn.

To my relief Karen said she would only do ten as she had a race at the weekend and I, being ever the gentleman (or lazybones...) immeadiately decide to do her alternative. By halfway Justin and Martin were both in the 10 set group.

Amazingly, (or more like she was not trying so hard due to the race on the weekend) I could atually hold the back group's pace for all 10 reps. I also had to watch as ended up leading a couple of the reps and could not help tanking it through the last one to see if anyone would come with me. Not sure if they did as I collapsed in a heap at the end.

Great to see Martin again and his huffing and puffing in my ear was a great incentive to hold the pace and not drop back through the group.

No comments: