Friday 28 November 2008

Worst ever Hound and Hare

I will do it.
I won't do it.
Wednesday I did jogging on the wii fit and survived.
Thursday I ran home from the station and did not die from coughing muck up.
So day of truth came round and who could resist the lovely rain, new pair of shoes, all the banter from the guys around and an adjusted handicap (up from 31:45 to 33).
I did 35.19, last over the line and 9th fastest out of around sixteen. Sill not that dire considering it was my first attempt at running since being out sick for four weeks.
Three guys set out with me on the 33 handicap, Martin is back on form and zoomed off storming in with a 31 something and the other guy, Rob pulled away and I just did not have the lungs to keep up.
My legs were pretty much up for it, no tiredness or lack of power, just shallow breathing and reduced lung capcity meant I could simply not get enough air into the machine to make it fly.
But hey - I'm back - and soooo much room for improvement. Can't wait for next week's reps.

No comments: