Tuesday 4 November 2008

Tuesday Intervals

Was itching to get out today as did nothing since Friday. Weekend was a snively washout and did not make it to circuits on Monday due to same and a very slow train home.

Just made it to Bunhill row in time to set of with the gang, some twenty or so fit looking blokes and to my relief Karen was there too, so at least I reckoned I'd be able to keep someone in sight for the first half.

Today's session was a classic: eight sets of three on with one recovery and a two minute rest at half way.

Excitement at rep two: although I did not see it (already dropped by the top boys), at the bridge over the side canal there were great angry shouts from the fast group. Seems a cyclist decided to ignore the sign saying cyclist dismount and cycled over it right into a wall of rocket lockets travelling at speed. He did not come off the bike but he did hit a runner and nearly went for a swim in the canal. Cyclist was screaming at the guys to slow dowjavascript:void(0)
Save Nown, but really he should obey the signs......

I was pleased with my out bound performance, holding the pace with the back markers (even setting it at one point) but paid the price on the way back. I reached the furthest point I've ever been along the canal right out a couple of bridges after the start of the park.

Elite went through on the seventh and while it was good to see Martin back amoung us he still held the last one miles better than me - simply nothing left at that point.

No comments: