Monday 22 December 2008

Easy Monday? Felt hard!

Went out to spin the legs as see how the chest held up. Got about one mile out and thought about turning back due to all the coughing and spluttering. I was well wrapped up hat, gloves, windproof and long sleve tech top so round about VE I was begining to heat up and the coughing stopped. Clocked a lady about 100m ahead and tried to peg her back. But she'd clocked two blokes and was pegging them back and before I knew it she was 150m ahead, oh no, there goes the easy run.
Caught all of them just before the Westminster corner, she took a right and I went left, but a quick glance over the shoulder confirmed that the two blokes were now on for the race and were tanking it over the bridge right be hind me. Ahhhh. This was supposed to be an easy run. Dropped them some where just over the bridge, fought my we back through the army of tourists back to the office in 33mins for 5miles.
Ok it was an easy run, thats just under eights. Felt like the 10mile kick in a half marathon.
When will this cough go?

No comments: