Tuesday 2 December 2008

Threshold Tuesday

Could not face the Rocket Lockets session yet, so went for the semi threshold out from Alders to the 3 bridges route and tried to lift the pace for the 3 bridges section. Only acheived 17mins for the the 2.3 miles, so disappointed but not much of a surprise given recent illness etc.

Fun on the way out between Embankment and Westminster as two guys creamed past me and so I tucked in behind them for fun, sure enough they were soon struggling to hold their overtake pace. So there I was weaving in and out of them generally mixing it up when I spotted a gap in traffic and darted out over Westminster bridge. On the other side these guys whipped along and finally crossed perfectly timed to cut me up as they hit the steps! The cheek of it. Even worse I could not hold their pace out to the 1st bridge then they just stop. Stretching off and dripping sweat they are patting each other on the back and congratulating each other on a great session. Come on guy, I'm on mile 4 of 7!!!!

That made me feel really good. Then the rain stopped. I sprinted the last section imagining Ginn in front of me screaming encouragement! Nice session.

No comments: