Monday 17 August 2009

Recovery with Alan and fast circuits

Recovery Westminster with Alan

Alan was injured last week so looking for someone to slow him down. I was that dead weight!

Did Westminster loop with the Westlake variation, ie coming over Blackfriars on the way back avoiding many tourists and roadworks on the traditional loop back over Millennium bridge.

Ran free (of electronics) and Alan dragged me around in about 32 mins based on his analogue watch. Still faster than roughly the same route on Friday which is probably why it did not feel much like a recovery run for me.

Did not feel like a recovery run.



Then in the evening I managed to get along to Laurence's Fit Village circuit training class the Power Hour. He's been spamming me with texts about fast runners to try and get me back after a long absence. Been away due to injury, holiday and to help sort out a wedding. So there I was cycling in late as usual and it did not take long to work out who the fast guys were, one faffing with a Garmin constantly (Darren) and the other (Dan) was in a running vest and had less body fat than a stick insect. I was trying to take it easy with half a mind on Tuesday reps tomorrow, but could not resist letting the Lockett Rocket out on the final shuttles. I went for it on reps one and two catching and passing the fast boys - but I got the distinct feeling they were not really trying much. However, that had the effect of facilitating an introduction and a hand shake which confirmed they were Sunday Simon's buddys from THAT RUNNING SHOP whose name shall not be mentioned.

Having done the recovery run earlier I expected some grief from Tibialis Posterier (and got it, just a niggle but enough to know it is there). It seems to dislike anything less then 6:30 pace. This is one wierd injury. Never had anything that actually improved with speed.

Darren's garmin glowed like a torch on the last rep as darkness decended on the Power Hour and the insects licked off my repelant and started feasting on my legs. Nice. That same Garmin also discovered we'd covered 2.5 miles that night. Very interesting.

No comments: