Sunday 30 August 2009

Redbourne loop ever so slowly

With paul and kenny away, simon going long at 7 min mile pace and Dave out on the raz and looking like being in no fit state to drive let alone run I psyching my self up for a solo effort. I was amazed to get a call from dave just after 7 saying he was up for it. So I waited and warmed up in the road as Dave drove over.
We decided on 9 miles easy and the Rebourn loop fitted the bill. Chatted the miles away enjoyed the morning.

With the hrt bearly in the exercise zone I felt easy and very strong. No injury problems and the new compression socks did the job.

Plenty of people out and only one person to catch on Beesonend lane, but he pulled up injured and stretched out so the traditional sprint finish never materialised with neither of us up for it we dropped to jogging pace up Crabtree Lane.

I'm sure someone told me about the benefit of running easy once, but the total time and ave pace was too depressing to mention.

No comments: