Sunday 18 July 2010

10m Mountain Man

1,000 feet up over six miles, with a start around the castle, port and pick your own to delay the enevitable climb. Either I'm fitter or the Tartegnin route is slightly less steep. Probably a mix of both.

I was aiming for the tree line then to follow it to Signal-de-Bougy and enjoy the fast clip down from there.

So, I did not mind as time time slipped away and I enjoyed the views and pushed the effort up on the climbs. Turns out I spent 23 mins in zone three and most of the rest of my 1h 38m out was easy. Pace was dire, ave was 10min miles, there was an 11:38 mile in there too! But that one is explained away by stopping to check out Mont-le-grand which was a castle and you can still see the outline of the ruins. Stunning views over the lake to Geneva and back the other way too.

Disappointed not to be able to go faster on the way down, just too steep and dangerous....

No comments: