Friday 9 July 2010

8m including reps at the track 8x 400

Early today, hit the track just after 8am. It was packed. Main event was around 40 blokes in 2 teams racing with a baton - making lots of noise and all wearing red tops with black vertical stripes. Anyone know them?

There was a bear topped bloke doing 200m sprints, another guy jogging around the track and a lady going supper slow knocking out 100m shuttles.

I was unsure if my 400s were going to happen, but just as I was going to change the session Mr 200m crashed through the blokes doing the relay and then shouted at them to get out the road. The last two finished and then they vanished and the 400s were back on. Yippe.

I tried to ease into the first two at a pace I thought was sustainable. 83, 84, 82. Started to feel it on the 4th dropped to 87 then 89 and that was really a hard effort. 92, 91, 91 to finish and no point in doing any more.

45 sec recovery was perfect.



In my mind's eye I had Tenke pulling away from me in front and Ken closing in from behind. But looking at Ken's 400m reps from yesterday I'd have had nothing to worry about.

So that's the tack work done now. The length of reps required now means we can do them on the regular route and I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: