Monday 27 December 2010

1km Swim - free for all

The only marked lane was for palmes et autre aids autorise and as I had no aids, let alone authorised ones, that eliminated one of the 6 available lanes. The big lane was full of fat ladies in formation, so that was out too.

All the remaining lanes seemed to have a mix of ability. I figured the one usually marked with the green tortoise would suit me best, so I went for it.

There were a couple of torpedoes in there, but I was pleased to find I could get my 200m sets in before they caught me if I timed my start right. In fact, on two of the sets I got stuck behind someone going just slower than I would have liked, but too fast for me to get by in the gap between the on coming torpedoes. I need to work on the short accelerations!

The 1km was over in no time and I felt fine. No problems and so now I need to think about trying not to alternate the 200m sets (between crawl and breast) and just stick to crawl the whole way.

No comments: