Thursday 7 April 2011

8m threshold airport hill long variation

Great run today, felt strong and the sun was out and the views to the mountains were stunning. Took a gel before I started and another at the water fountain on the way back which was just the ticket.

I was working today, 78% of max and it felt hard but do-able. Tenke kept me honest, just drifting in front to hold the pace up if I dropped of slightly.

New course record set today of 1h zero minutes and 42 seconds, making the prospect of a sub one hour 8 miler a distinct possibility. I was 22 seconds faster than previous best, with a 4 bpm extra effort making the difference.

This shows I think that the combo of swiming, intervals, long and slow runs plus the thresholds work.

Ski-ing in Verbier this weekend so not much running activity likey this weekend.

Garmin

No comments: