Friday 26 August 2011

5.5m Airport hill run

A super hot day again and the Scot (me) and the Frenchman (Aurélien) were pretenting to be either mad dogs or Englishmen, I'm not sure which!

At the start I suggested an easy pace which was scoffed at and so we shot of faster than I would have gone on my own. The works in the park have moved, which mean my route though the park was blocked and we ended up jumping over children in a kiddies play area to get back to the route. Looped the bottom field and Aurélien was on my heels and pushing past on the hills. In the climb through the grounds of the Château de Penthes he suddenly pushed past and set an impressive pace on the hill. I tucked in behind and waited. Sure enough the huffing and puffing converted to an all together more realistic pace and by the time we were heading back though the path to the main road he was no longer on my heels. The woods were mercifully cool in the shade and the breeze brought some well need movement the air.

I let myself catch the guy in front - we crossed a tape that had fallen to the ground and we laughed that it was a bit like crossing the finish line at a race. Though we were not finished yet!

Took on water at the fountain and then the fast finish never really materialised, although I did sprint to the end from the tram crossing. As we came over the water fountains outside the palias des nations they came on and that was a nice cool down moment.

45 minutes and not slow enough to be an easy run so I'm claiming a tempo.

By mid afternoon the storm hit and everything became very wet and cold. How fast things change!


No comments: