Thursday 23 February 2012

5m Classic Rolle Loop

Struggled to get going and was gutted when after what seemed like an eternity the Garmin finally buzzed after 8 and a half minutes to announce mile one. Bother, too slow already.

Tried to get back to at least TRP and took advantage of the hill to claw back some time. Was now too fast for an easy run so eased off.

Added to the mix today was a bloke ahead that looked like he might be on reps. He was going faster than me but not by much and then he stopped and I over took him. Just after the castle on the lake side I had to run the gauntlette of the local school kids having lunch and hanging out. A couple of girls giggled and as I returned their bonjour rep guy goes flying past and the girls look at me as if to say "are you the fit scottish bloke or what?" and so I can't help myself, next thing I know I'm tucked in behind him running in his foot falls watching him adjust his speed by constantly glancing down at his watch. I sneak a look at mine and Garmin says 7 minute miles and I figure no worries even if this goes for a mile I'm in. After 400m he stops, I fly past holding the pace and offer a hearty "Pas mal! Bonne course" and he looks suitably miffed that someone just hijacked his rep.

Almost ice free to the end of the jetty, made it all the way today, first time since the big freeze hit.Well under TRP over all, the mile with rep man was 7 mins!

Garmin

No comments: