Sunday 12 October 2008

Herts 10K 2008

A new 10km p.b. for me over a tough course. I did this race the first time they ran it in 2006 and it has improved massively since then. Two course changes since then, firstly to avoid clashing with the golfers and secondly to avoid a mud ridden steep climb to the finish. Challenging hill profile which desends down to the lowest point after 3km and then climbs to the highest point just after the 6th. I went through the 5km mark at 20:20 and struggled to keep the pace and then recover it after the hill was done. Still, my time of 41.50 (chip time - I had it as 41.47 on the Garmin) is much faster then the 43 something I did the course in back in 2006.

At the end, I've never had such a wonderful processing experience. Plenty of room and people to take your chip off for you, then funnelled past the small girls who put your medal round your neck, maidens with chopped fruit on trays lined the route to the massage tent. Met my mate Dave in there and enjoyed the massage and a chat. 10/10 for the organisers of this one!

No comments: