Friday 24 October 2008

Threshold Friday

Threshold Friday

Fancied something longer, but with a couple of fast miles built in. Hooked up with the infamous Alan Ginn (famous for running so hard he foams at the mouth during the Hare and Hounds).

We settle on easy (for him so steady for me) out to the three bridges race starting point.

Alan claims it's my session and he'll just tuck in behind and perhaps "if anything left in the tank" he'll pick it up going over the last bridge. So off we go as far as Vauxhall Bridge back on the north side of the river and then over Lambeth and a 270 degree turn back under to complete the P shaped route. So the first step on Lambeth and the machine that is Mr Ginn kicks off. At three paces ahead he starts yelling at me to close the gap and stay with him. Then all the way back along the home straight he keeps upping the pace and making me go with him until with four hundred to go my breakfast is thinking about escaping and I can't push any more, but at two hundred to go something kicks in and a bit of speed appears from no-where and I'm at top speed sprinting for the line much Ginn's delight. 15.22 so not really too much to write home about, but better than festering in the office. Good session, thanks Alan - my amateur coach!

No comments: