Tuesday 21 October 2008

Intevals, long reps

Tuesday reps with the lockett rockets.

Shade late to Bunhill row, crossing the road just in time to see the back of the pack heading off to the canal about a minute ahead of me. By the time I caught up with the tail end of the group of sixteen we'd arrived at the canal and I was exhausted before the session had even started. Legs we reminding me about the soggy 13 miles (see below - Lost In Harpenden) I'd done on Sunday and really did not want to move at faster than race pace.

I'd forgotten to take my stop watch so needed to hook up with someone else to do the reps with and luckly Aisha was there and agreed to put up with me.

We did eight sets of three minutes on with one minute recovery, with a two minute recovery at the half way point. I threw a tactical "slow" fourth rep, allowing the elite to pull further ahead and did an about turn at the half way point jogging through the two minutes recovery. The A-Team began to catch us at the end of the seventh, but that inspired us and nothing like a buddy beathing down your neck to focus those last two reps.

Jogged back and job done. Must do some streaching tonight.....

No comments: