Monday 4 January 2010

Circuits

I enjoyed my rest day yesterday and seriously needed it.

Today was spent on cultural awareness and my best bit was the video conference with a lady who had looked out all the races for me in Geneva next year. The running scene is buzzing over there.

So I headed of to the first circuit training in ages and met all my buddies and took the slagging about the tan coming from a dodgy shop in Luton on the chin. First circuits of the year and the traditional new blokes on a resolution rocked up. One of them is a Manland dad so it was funny watching him struggle.

Lee already knew all my news from Paul and Simon - he joined a late Aro/Running Fource outing yesterday.

No weights tonight as they were frozen in Laurence's car so lots of running which suited me fine.

Highlight of the night was being teacher's pet - I was singled out to run the shuttles twice as my group was one short and let me quote "You are the real runner here tonight!". Of course, all the guys I usually whip now scented blood and especially those up against me on my double tap were really testing the effort I was prepared to put in. Needless to say I was curled up in a wheezing ball after each one and had to be reminded to get up for the next shuttle which came round all to soon. Mullered the last couple. Felt very good to run that fast again and to do it and not be freezing. Instant recovery and looking forward to skipping rockets tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

think this was a different Lee. Lee Scott from Sunday is about 6ft4" and has hair.... not sure that the Lee I met on New Year's Eve fits that bill...