Tuesday 5 January 2010

St. James and Green Park via Parliament Square

I decided I'd had enough intensity in the last week with Tuesday rockets, Kenny's 800s and Circuit's all in the same seven days.

Quick email exchange with Paul and a Westward Ho route was agreed in place of Rockets.

Paul was bang on time as he zoomed down towards me it looked like a full on tempo might be the order of the day. In the end we opted to run at steady or mid tempo pace, we could both talk but only just and stringing a few words together occasionally kept the pace from drifting faster. Between us we had no technology functioning other than a stopwatch so average pace calculation to come later, I was out for 50 mins and 6 seconds. To be fair I think Paul was more sprightly then me today, he had loads of questions for me on the way out, but I managed to make him talk more. At more point he actually asked me if the pace was ok. Like I'd admit I couldn't hold the pace? No, just ask those tell "me about" questions.

We headed down to the embankment at blackfriars and out as far as Westminster where we took a right onto Parliament Square and on round the Square. For me I'd never run on the far side of the square so not only did we get to see democracy in action with the camped out protesters, I got to run on new paths.

Then onto Birdcage Walk round St. James Park and the usual Hare and Hounds route. Followed embankment to wobbly bridge then home. We were overtaken once by a very fast lady, who almost immediately stopped. Disappointing to have no challenge. Only caught waddling new year's resolutions. They'll be off the roads in two weeks. The marathon trainers were also out in force. They'll be increasing the miles now, bit like our Ken.

Paul figured around 8 miles today for him so about 7.5 for me.

No comments: