Wednesday 20 January 2010

Easy four miles

It was letter day at work today, so it was nice to escape with my good buddy Brian Malthouse and blow away the tension in the office with an easy four miles.

Brian was mocking my hat, gloves, technical t-shirt with technical long sleeves as he pulled on some cotton tri number. As the ice cold rain spat down on us when we hit the river I was pleased with my choice of garb.

Another grey day in London over the well trodden Westminster loop. Tried to chat as much as possible to stop myself going too quickly. Worked reasonably well as it felt pretty slow, but fast enough to just break sweat at the end.

Noticed lots of runners around, overtook a few, but really was not bothered about that anymore at all. I knew I was on an easy day and couldn't care less about trying to keep up, my intense stuff was in the bag from yesterday's rockets.

Four and a bit miles cleared in 33:13 which is a shade over 8s. Happy enough with that especially as it felt pretty easy.

No comments: