Saturday 21 May 2011

10m La Trementagne

Weekend in France with the Westlake Nyon church retreat.

I think it was the 14km loop we tried.



But we failed to loop! Out and back as my Garmin died and so just ran up over the top and back.

Edmund held the whole distance and even with his knee giving him issues he still kept right with the gang to the end.

Richard was there as was Jeremy and David. We were joined on the first few kms by Carol who'd also done the 30min of par cours sante with me just before.

After we decided to turn the climb back was fine. Pace had been and continued to be easy.

Then at about 5km out Jeremy makes a ratchet. With about the subtlety of a brick Richard responds and pushes to the front. I think they are having a laugh, but the silence that follows indicates this is actually deadly serious.

I tuck in on Richard's shoulder which makes a nice change to circling back to encourage him and after a minute or so I just pick it up every so slightly to return things to the natural order. Surrounded by footfalls it feels almost race like. I settle in and wait for them to fall of. But no-one really does. I'm amazed. We get to about 2km out and I'm slightly concerned we'll suddenly turn the corner and be back and end up in a nasty sprint finish so I let the pace drift up to race pace and think that will do. Held for the 2km no worries and stop at the entry to the par cours sante. Wait there for everyone to count them all in and jog round the trial of the par cours sante loop as a warm down.

I think it was 1 hour 15 mins time on feet and my guess was around 15km.

No comments: