Sunday 1 May 2011

14.4m St. Prex and back

Long run with Richard. He was 15 minutes late. Today's bag of excuses included too much alcohol the royal wedding and being very busy over the last few days serving the city of Geneva.
Took the kids for the first mile, so that slowed us down a bit and explains the slow start.
My lad told Richard that I was a bit competitive and did not like not being first, so Richard suggested to him that if he kept training by the time he was 19 or 20 he’d be able to beat me – to which the reply was, yeah when he’s in a wheelchair I’ll run those circles around him!
Thank fully the Garmin died before Richard, so there is no record of the slowness we endured to get home. I felt called to rename the circle of shame the circle of encouragement, but even explaining that to him did not seem to work.
Anyway, the first 10miles were pretty punchy (given the company), check them out here - Garmin. ave was 8:38 min miles.
I lost the Garmin power at 10miles, but got a fix at the end that gave me a 2:11 mins total time so even with Richard's difficult finish we made it home with a total ave pace of 9 min miles.
Richard admitted he thought about racing me to the gates, so after the fountain in Perroy's Gande Rue I tanked it all the way to the gates to make sure, but I don't think there was any faking in the pain being expressed on the hill.

1 comment:

Jason said...

The gates are old school. I want to know who touched the sign first in St. Prex!