Thursday 5 May 2011

8x 400m reps

After a few false starts and an introduction via email to a potential running buddy I was again Billy no mates at the track.
I settled on 8 times 400m.
Took the bus and this time locked away every thing carefully.
One lap of the outer trail to warm up. It was very quiet and I had the actual track to myself as the workers prepared the high jump mats and cut the grass in the glorious sun.
Noticed a slight niggle on the right knee and shoulder stiffness from the plaquettes in the pool yesterday.
I tried to ease out the first few, but was tired by rep three then I focused on form and just staying sub six min miles.
The times were very consistent:
80, 82, 84, 84, 84, 85, 85, 84 with hrt around 150 giving no problems to recover in the 60 seconds I had given my self.

Garmin

No comments: