Saturday 28 May 2011

7.45m Vich Bassins Sentier des Toblerones

As Paul has cake selling at the co-op in Vich for the scouts between 8am and 9:40 that gave me the perfect excuse to follow the Sentier des Toblerones up instead of cutting off back to Rolle as I would normally do.

I figured I could get to Arzier before the cut back, which is pretty much what I did, but missed the left turn  to the train and just kept going up towards Bassin.

Some stunning spots and also some interesting uses of the anti tank barrages - put a roof between them and you have a wood store or garden shed!

The friends of the path have done a great job of keeping it in good shape and the river crossings and swampy bits are all boardwalked. There is also a section of ww1 metal spikes in the stream and an area where they built pyramids rather then toblerones to stop the tanks.

The Bassin refuge in the woods looks fantastic and some guys were setting up for a party in the eve. Looked like a big event.

The steepest section was the end where the path became steps and I gave up at the top and 280m climb being enough. Tanked it back and felt like I was going at 6:30 min miles, but it was really only 8. That's what happens if you take 12 min miles to go up!

Still nice hill run on new paths for me.

Garmin

No comments: