Sunday 24 July 2011

11m around Cham

Garmin to follow, but 17km

I followed the Lorzen (the out of the lake version) past the paper industry as far as the building works at the motorway bridge. Couldnt pass on the one side so doubled back and hit the same issue on the other side. On the way thought about trying to get myself over the river on the zip wire I found, but on reflection it was very close to the water and appeared to need someone to turn the handle to make it work.

On the far side there was the biggest private garden fountain I have ever seen. Bigger than my living room with a hiddious creature spurting water into a massive pond flanked by doric collumn.

More charming was the heron that was flying up and down the river and squaking at me as I guess I got too close to it's nest.

Followed the signs to Zug and was happy to end up on the flat cycle path to Zug. Very pretty and uneventful to Zug. Came back on the lake side trail and found a little beack with a bench. On the bench was a pile of clothes, a towel and a naked bloke. Oh, that's the nuddist beach my father in law informs me later.

Ran around the Vittlepark and enjoyed the view and land are exhibits all over the place.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Hey Niall,
I'm doing the short distance Triathlon in Nyon this weekend. Are you up for some cross training?
500m Swim,21.3km Bike, 5.1km run.
Edana is signed up for the Tri-mini, and there's also a tri-family circuit which might be fun for you guys.

Jason said...

Here's the website if you're interested:
http://www.trinyon.ch/