Friday 1 July 2011

5.5m Mouette and Parks

Aurelien was up for another boat run so we set off, got changed and were so early at the boat stop we had time to jog round the park as far as the wealthy lunchers at the perle du lac before the Mouette docked.

I had my travel card, but Aurelien did not bother with his as according to him they never check. Today the boatman did check. Do you have a ticket? No. I have a pass, but not with me. Is it a season ticket? Yes. Okay.

What? He should have been fined 80 Swiss and thrown in the lake! How come he gets off Scot free and Tenke gets stung? Perhaps because he really does have a ticket and takes the boat twice a day, while someone else was guilty as charged!

Anyway we opted to take the park route and enjoyed he hill and the cool provided by the tree lined route and marvelled at how we appreciated the taste of the country side in the heart of the city.

I had to nip up to the dreaded holmes place and hand in my membership card. They are so tight they would not give me my deposit back on my towel card, insisting instead that I gave it to Joyce. Left another bad taste, but massively liberating to have finally managed to quit the gym.

Caught back up with Aurelien at the bridge and we ran a little further on the way back to come through the Botanical gardens via the underpass.

43 minutes to the big junction at the coop.

Sunny, a little windy, but another great run in the bag. Felt like a shade over 5 miles and the run was just under (43 mins) plus the 0.6 miles to the boat made it 5.5 miles.

No comments: