Thursday 14 July 2011

8m Mouette and back

Easy trot down to the Mouette with the tradition sprint to the boat over the last 400m. The guy on the boat saw me 100m out and glanced at his watch. He was taking the mickey as I sat on the boat a full 5 minutes before we pulled out.

Reset my watch to official Mouette time.

Stuck my arm out of the boat and registered a pretty chilled dip to 66 bpm as the Mouette struggled to hold 5.5 min km. I can now honestly say I run faster than a Mouette!

Mouette stats.

The Geneva Yacht Club was setting up for a race, 12 big yachts out, a flag boat and three buoys with numbered flags were being towed out.


I decided on a long one and turned left towards Vesena and turned at the speed camera on the hill. After the turn enjoyed:

1) The view (including the yachts)
2) The downhill (for the short time it lasted)
3) The wind behind (until I crossed the river)
4) The weather (cool but not cold)
5) The lack of bugs, all washed away by the rain - result!

Steady drift through the zones hitting three at the river and four on the climb home.

7.4 on the main run, 0.5 on the way down to the Mouette, so anther 8m bagged.

As sub 8 min miles I claim a steady run.

Garmin

No comments: