Saturday 24 September 2011

12.5m Rolle to Nyon for the Men's breakfast

I've been ill for over 10 days and done zero exercise since the dreaded man flu hit last week.

So in spite of a business trip to London meaning I only got home at gone 10pm last night I was determined to run to the Westlake church's men's breakfast this morning. I had even arranged access to a flat in Nyon where Jason and I had stashed our kit so we could rock up, shower and get down to the event in no time.

But working the timings back it meant head torches at dawn and Jason and I started running at 5:50am.

Stefan cycled over and when he set out at 7am thinking it was too early, he remembered we'd been going for over an hour!

First time in long pants and long sleeves since the summer suddenly became autumn.  Super slow was the order of the day. Jason saving himself for Morat Fribourg next week and me just hoping I did not die half way there.

I was fine except for some coughing in the woods.

My light was so bright that when we ran side by side and I spoke to Jason I blinded him each time I looked at him. We decided to turn it off unless we really needed it. He had a big hand torch and that was useful in the pitch dark of the woods.

I noticed at one point he did not have it any more. "That's what I was doing in the middle of the roundabout." I must admit I wondered what he was up to going straight over the roundabout....

My estimations were uncannily accurate. I said 20km and it was spot on and 2 hours and it was spot on too. Super fast showers and zoomed down to the Men's breakfast where 50 blokes had the most amazing breakfast and a good talk on finding your real job description.

The new Garmin 610 I got in London is working well and I am getting my head around the touch, tap and swipe GUI. Just installed the ANT device and first try it found, paired and uploaded my data. Nice one Garmin. I'm loving it!

Bit of stand up paddle this afternoon testing out several boards. Great fun and gave the upper body something to do as well. Could be the last lake based activity of the year.

Garmin

No comments: