Saturday 19 November 2011

14.0m Nyon Rolle, TRP?

Daughter had a saxophone exam in Nyon and son has chess plus my lovely wife and daughter have pricess at westlake today, so another idea opportunity to run the Nyon Rolle route. This time, start was the far side of Nyon hence the longer distance, which suited me perfectly.

I wanted to bench mark my pace today for the marathon, so long, faster than normal, but not race pace was the plan. Disappointing 8:30 mins for the first mile was a let down, but the rest was good. I made 7:30s where I could and even on the tricky or uphill miles I was getting through them in just over 8. At mile 10 I went for it and was very chuffed to clear mile 13 in 6:45 to get a half marathon cleared in 1h 42m.

So I think I found my Target Race Pace (TRP). 3h 25m for the marathon. I'll run that by Pierro to see what he thinks as I can hear Tenke sneering at my lack of ambition!

Oh, and it was another stunning sunny autumn morning.

That takes me to 38 miles this week.

Garmin

No comments: