Thursday 29 October 2009

Easy 4 or 5

Easy run with the Malthouse today. Blethering pace for Westminster out Blackfiars back loop. Even at that, only had a couple of guys go past and Brian wanted to know how it felt as I let them go. It was hard, but it is getting easier not to go after them as I think more and more about the form.

After Blackfiars there is a nice stretch of footpath to the Millennium bridge steps where we allowed ourselves to go at a different pace, I changed up through mid-shin foot circles to what felt like tomorrow's race pace and then full knee circles and blasted the last bit as hard I could.

Jogged back to the office and did the 4.2 miles in 37 minutes, nearly a new record in slowness, only one minute shorter then the slowest ever for the loop. Then I jogged of in search of a bottle of malt whisky for my dad. Caused a bit of a stir in M&S trying to by a 12 year old malt in my running kit.

Anyway, roll on tomorrow's Hounds and Hare!

No comments: