Thursday 22 October 2009

Easy four miles

Found a tri-athlete who had been out for a while due to becoming a father for the first time, buying a house and generally being too busy.

So I was surprised when Brain set what felt like a decent pace, but he soon slowed and we gassed our way around the Westminster and Blackfiars loop. It was much easier to go slowly today and having a marker beside me kept me from zooming off. Even managed not to accelerate along the last bit of the drag to millenium bridge.

Got back to see a poor guy being scooped of the road out side the office into an ambulance. He'd been knocked off his scooter by a car.

Total distance 4.2miles in a very slow 33 mins one slower than when I tried to do the same loop with Mark slowly and 5 faster than my record slowest time for that loop.

ps. on the way home from the station a cotton t-shirt and tracksuit bottoms cashed up station road, even with back pack and coat on I could not resist. Caught him by half way and he errored in attempting to cross the road and gave me the look that said it all as I silently (what you can't hear won't hurt you) eased past him. He crossed the road and I guess we were at around 7min mile pace. He tried hard not to look back but clearly know exactly where I was as each nudge in pace was matched. I was faster on the down hill and I simply extended the circle of effort for free as I watched his effort increase as his heel strike sent him backwards. Then he truned off station road and I wound down the effort and enjoyed feeling the circle get smaller and the cadence stay the same as I dropped down through the gears. Slowed right to walking by the bottom of the hill. Te he that was fun.

No comments: