Tuesday 13 October 2009

Long Reps

Having felt very strong last night the efforts of Sunday's race and last night's circuits came home to roost.

I should have taken Paul up on his offer of an easy river run.

But no, I opted for the canal and long reps with Lockett's Rockets. Big field out today and the cloud gave way to sun as we reached the canal.

There were a few mortals in the mix, but I had already decided not to go for it and let them go from the start.

6 by 4 off 90.

Steve was jogging behind and after the first recovery he'd gone past. That meant I was last. By rep two Aisha was 2 canal boats ahead, then 3 by rep 3. Her and Steve seemed to be matching each other's pace and by watching their efforts I drifted faster and closed the gap.

Tried to focus on form and footfall and head alignment and lean angle. All seemed ok at half way.

We regrouped for the return leg and found myself drifting ahead of Aisha. By rep 5 Karen's group appeared and zoomed through. I made the same error I did last week and tucked in behind them and held the pace for the rest of that rep.

Blatently blown it, so had a weak last rep - except for the last 30 seconds when an elite came through and I held him as he drew level and he kicked twice which I matched to get me a some rediculous pace. Silly, but great fun.

Now for an easy and a long run.

No comments: