Sunday 27 February 2011

15m St. Prex and back

With my dad over from Scotland with a case full of running goodies I was out in a new cap, new top and now have 120 SIS gels in my stock, 2 used today.

So it would have been rude not to go for a long run, finally getting to 15 miles for the first time this year. The sun tried hard to burn off the cloud, but it never quite managed it.

Went out on the high road and it was uneventful until the return leg. Down by the lake at St. Prex the is a walk way that goes out onto the lake to avoid the people walking the lakeside annoying the people with the lakeside mansions. There was a woman walking towards me I noticed her about 100m before we crossed. There are a few right angle turns to do around a boat house and I was up on my toes going around the blind turn when I litterally bumped into her, she bottled it and like something out of a cartoon lifted her hands to the sky and screamed! I burst out laughing and muttered an appology before pushing on.

Got through 13.1 at 1h 55m and celebrated by picking a new route back through the vines that avoids the Perroy climb on the way home.

Was feeling pretty tired by the time I got home, but chuffed with the distance covered.

Garmin

No comments: