Friday 25 February 2011

8.14m Airport hill and some

The hill got me. Pace fell to slower than 9 min miles and the hrt jumped. No choice other then to go with it and enjoy the "instant recovery" at the top.

Was going ok and so decided to push on out, catching two blokes on the field. I had engaged stealth mode running in the larger chap's footsteps. They bottled it when they worked out I was there 2m behind them. They responded by going into single file to let me pass and as I went through I was treated to the worst french accent ever, it was so strongly American it was barely decernable as french.

Dropped them before the woods and where I would normally turn I just kept going. Found the next woods and shortly after the path. Looped back slightly too soon, but avoided getting lost on the new trails.

Was worth it to be in the far woods, which have just been tidied up. The little wood I normally loop around was cleared too, with the stream channel completely deblocked. Very swiss.

Did not get carried away on the down hill home, let the wind push me back to town and clould feel the hrt drift a shade at the end.

All in all pleased enough with a a sub 8 min mile performance, felt like I was cruising, without the slow click on the hill it would have been even better. Having said that, extrapolating this out to a half would be 1h 44m (unacceptable) and a full 3h 28m which is TMP! Happy days.

Garmin

No comments: